Have you had Coco-Roons? They are a delicious, refined-sugar-free, raw coconut macaroon treat. But they are pricey! They run about $8-$12 for a bag of 8 cookies. So I decided to set out to make my own. And, in all humility, my copycat recipe is pretty darn close! I'd say the only difference is that mine tasted more fresh (because they were!).
Coco-roons come in a variety of flavors: Brownie, Cacao Nib, Lemon Pie, Vanilla, Vanilla Maple, and Apple Pie. I will share the base recipe for these Copycat Coco-roons, and some ideas of how you can customize them to the flavor of your choice!
Pictured here are brownie and vanilla flavored Copycat Coco-Roons. With just 6 ingredients and no baking involved, these whip up in a jiffy! They are also peanut, tree-nut, dairy, and wheat free! Tell your MSPI and GF friends!
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons real maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut (or almond) flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Line a small cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Place the coconut oil in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 10-20 seconds, just barely melting the oil so it can be stirred smooth.
3. Stir the maples syrup into the oil. Add the flour, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the shredded coconut. Batter will be thick.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, place rounded spoonfuls on the wax paper. Refrigerate to set. Store in an air-tight container. Refrigeration is optional.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (cut back flour by 3 tablespoons)
- Lemon zest and lemon extract to taste
- Orange zest and orange extract to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 3-4 tablespoons diced dried apples
These look absolutely Amazing!! Pinned & looking forward to trying them :-)ReplyDelete
Oh these are cool! And I bet they taste a lot better from scratch!ReplyDelete
These look awesome! Pinned!ReplyDelete
I'm a coconut lover from way back and yes, macaroons are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us at Merry Monday.ReplyDelete
3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.ReplyDelete
This means that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 researches from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!