Yep! I've added leftover Crio grounds to another recipe! A couple of posts ago I put them in some delicious no-bake cookies. Now, you won't BELIEVE how yummy they are in these soft, scrumptious granola bars.
Crio Brü is a drink made from brewed cacao beans. Each time you make this tasty drink (which brews like coffee in a coffee maker or french press), save the grounds. I save my used grounds in a covered bowl in the fridge. They are so great for baking with that I rarely throw them out! These granola bars are full of yummy chocolate flavor before you drizzle them with melted chocolate chips, and Crio is the sole source of that flavor.
(By the way, I am NOT being compensated for this post. I sincerely love Crio Brü and enjoy baking with it!)
For this recipe, you'll need to save 1 cup of your previously brewed grounds (which adds up fast because the grounds expand when brewed), pulse them in the food processor or blender for a few seconds, and they are ready to go!
|1 cup previously brewed Crio grounds|
|Pulse in food processor or blender for 15-30 seconds, scraping sides once.|
These bars also have delicious flaked coconut, chia seeds, and oatmeal! So they have a TON of redeeming health value!! My entire family went nuts! I made two batches: one I iced and one I didn't; ALL were devoured.
Sea Salted Crio Brü Granola Bars
Makes 12-14 bars
1 cup previously brewed Crio Brü grounds
1/2 cup coconut oil, room temp
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2.5 cups quick oats
1/4 cup chia seed
1.5 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips for drizzle (optional)
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place previously brewed Crio Brü grounds in food processor or blender and pulse 15-30 seconds, scraping sides once. Set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat coconut oil, honey and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg and beat well.
4. Stir in Crio grounds and vanilla.
5. Stir in oats, chia seed, and flaked coconut. Spread in prepared pan.
6. Bake 30-35 minutes, until sides and bottom begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool. Cut into bars.
7. To make drizzle (optional): Melt chocolate chips by placing in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is smooth. Spoon into a plastic sandwich bag. Snip off a bottom corner and drizzle over cooled bars.
8. Sprinkle with sea salt (with or without drizzle). Wrap individually in plastic wrap to store. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Participating in these link-ups.