I love oranges. And I ADORE coconut--especially toasted coconut. Add these two flavors to a baked good, and I'm pretty much a goner. I canned orange marmalade this winter, and we aren't using it up very quickly. So I decided to use it to flavor a new muffin recipe.
My dad is visiting this week, so he got to taste some fresh from the oven. His description: "Legendary." Hopefully you'll agree!
Crispy Coconut Orange Marmalade Muffins
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 small instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
1 cup milk
2 1/2 cups flour (I used half whole-wheat on one batch and they turned out just as well!)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare muffin pans with cooking spray or cupcake liners.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat softened butter and granulated sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Stir in pudding and milk until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Add this dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine well. Stir in orange marmalade until well combined.
4. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
5. Prepare topping by stirring coconut, brown sugar, and flour together in a bowl. Pour melted butter on top of this, and stir until well combined. Sprinkle about 1 scant tablespoon on the top of each muffin before baking.
6. Bake muffins for 20 minutes. Remove promptly to cool.
Participating in these link-ups.